The New Stalker Scorpion Piston for the SRS!
Key Features :
- Weight adjustable modular piston (from ~65 to 148 grams)
- Silences your SRS
- Increases joule/fps consistency
- Adjustable Air Brakes for optimal fine-tuning
- Option to short stroke your SRS for quicker reloads and shorter pull.
- Works with Open Piston Sear
The piston has 2 adjustable air brakes included for optimal fine-tuning depending on your setup.
- 1x 3.80mm Short Air Brake (Optimal for 2J and 3J~ Builds or higher).
- 1x 3.80mm Long Air Brake (Optimal for 2J~ Builds or lower).
The piston has 2 piston cups included for optimal fine-tuning depending on your setup.
Included is a high joule cup (shiny) for higher joule outputs and lighter bolt pull.
The Extreme Silent SRS/TAC41 piston cup (Mat finish) offers a slightly lower joule output,but is the best solution for making your SRS/TAC41 extremely silent. Please use oil lubricant for perfect results, we recommend motor oil silicon oil or similar. For reference, a Rapax Lightpull Blue 2J+ spring is giving 2.2-2.3~ joule in an SRS with a Stalker SRS cylinder with a 420mm inner barrel. The stock cylinder will give fewer joules. Results may vary depending on the cylinder being used.
Golden Rules of installation
- Always put a drop of oil or silicon oil on your cup edge to achieve optimal joules.
- For 2.3j setups we recommend starting with the short air brake and unscrewing it completely.
- For 2.8+ setups we recommend starting with the short air brake and screw it in completely.
- Always set your hopup correctly on desired BB Weight and adjust to shoot straight.
- Higher the Joule = Shorter the Air brake
- Lower the Joule = Longer the Air brake.
- Choose your Air brake and start low, then higher (Unscrew) it each time until the setup is silent.
- When you start to lose joules then you know you are just over the perfect position of the air brake you have to screw the brake back in a bit, gain joules back, and have the most silent setup.
- Works best with Stalker SRS Cylinder
Good setups need adjustable air brakes because too many parts in your rifle can change the acceleration speed of the piston. BB Weight, Spring Power, Bucking Hardness, Barrel Length, Weight of the piston etc. We also recommend buying some spring guide spacers to play with the weight of the piston and joules of the spring.
Included in this kit :
- 1x Stalker stainless steel Scorpion spring guide (With Engraved Stalker Logo)
- 1x Shock absorbing rubber to place inside the back of the Stalker spring guide
- 1x High Joule Piston Cup (shiny)
- 1x Extreme Silent Cup (Mat finish)
- 1x Aluminum piston head
- 1x Stainless steel piston head
- 5x Aluminum weights
- 4x Stainless steel weights
- Sear end cap made of stainless steel (15 grams)
- 2 Adjustable Air Brakes (Long & Short)
- 1x Nut to lock the Air Brake setting
- 10- O rings for in between the weights or cylinder head to stop the weights from loosening by playing.
- 2x Spring guide O-rings for SRS A2 Butt plate
- Front and Back guide rings made of POM
In-depth information :
The Scorpion piston is a unique concept where 6 weights form the body itself and as the piston itself is made up of these weights, it is also possible to extend the piston with additional weights (short stroke) which in turn reduces the volume of your cylinder and joule output but makes loading your SRS a lot shorter by each weight you add at the cost of some joule output which can be compensated with a stronger spring.
The piston comes with 9 body weights that are interchangeable with each other to perfectly set up your SRS.
- 5x Aluminum anodized black body weights, each piece weighs: 3 Grams
- 4x Stainless steel polished body weights, each piece weighs: 11 Grams
Next to that, the piston comes with 2 head weight versions as well.
- 1x Aluminum anodized black head that weighs: 7 Grams
- 1x Stainless steel polished steel head that weighs: 17 Grams
The list for the 6 piece setups:
(The 5th stainless steel mid-section weight is for sale separate if you want to use the full heavy weight steel setups)
- SRS Scorpion 62g (1x head alu, 5x mid section alu)
- SRS Scorpion 76g (1x head alu, 1x mid section steel, 4x mid section alu)
- SRS Scorpion 80g (1x head steel, 5x mid section alu)
- SRS Scorpion 89g (1x head alu, 2x mid section steel, 3x mid section alu)
- SRS Scorpion 93g (1x head steel, 1x mid section steel, 4x mid section alu)
- SRS Scorpion 102g (1x head alu, 3x mid section steel, 2x mid section alu)
- SRS Scorpion 107g (1x head steel, 2x mid section steel, 3x mid section alu)
- SRS Scorpion 115g (1x head alu, 4x mid section steel, 1x mid section alu)
- SRS Scorpion 119g (1x head steel, 3x mid section steel, 2x mid section alu)
- SRS Scorpion 128g (1x head aluminum, 5x mid section steel)
- SRS Scorpion 133g (1x head steel, 4x mid section steel, 1x mid section alu)
- SRS Scorpion 145g (1x head steel, 5x mid section steel)
This setup needs a 5th stainless steel mid-section, which is for sale separate.
Both air brakes are held with a nut underneath the cup against the piston head to keep it in place after you have adjusted it to your liking. The adjustable air brake is there to adjust the piston's speed at the very end of its movement to reduce the time of air escaping the cylinder and to reduces piston impact noise when it hits the cylinder head, a sorbo pad on your cylinder head can still be used with this piston.
Basically, if you like a plug and play piston or if you are a master of tinkering with your piston weights, air brakes to get the best performance, then the Stalker Scorpion is your best friend.
If you have any issues or questions about this or other Stalker Products, please visit our Stalker Owners Group on Facebook here:
You can follow all my live feeds, photos, and information on my Instagram, Facebook or Youtube channels here:
For more information about Stalker Products, Tech & Crafting Guides Please Visit: www.stalkerairsoft.com